The Victorian Transport Association (VTA) and the Victorian Waste Management Association (VWMA) will host regional Breakfast Workshops in the Victorian towns of Bendigo, Sale, Traralgon, Mildura, Shepparton, Warrnambool and Ballarat from late August through to early October 2012.
“We are hitting the road to visit regional transport, logistics and waste companies to discuss their views and to provide them with valuable information on the latest regulatory issues and business initiatives,” said VTA CEO Neil Chambers.
According to the VTA, all workshops will be free and open to anyone in the freight and logistics or waste management sectors, but registrations will be essential.
The workshops will cover the following topics:
• Industry Update – Current industry developments and how they will affect businesses
• Industrial Relations – Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal
• Local Issues – Discussion of issues that are important in the region
• Workers Compensation – Businesses compliance, cost minimisation and injured worker support
• Superannuation and Business – Working together for results
• Health Insurance – Keeping employees health in focus
• Freight Warranty Program
• WorkSafe Workplace Health Checks
The workshops will be held over breakfast from 7.30am to 9.30am in the following locations:
• Bendigo – Wednesday 29th August
• Traralgon – Tuesday 4th September
• Sale – Wednesday 5th September
• Mildura – Wednesday 19th September
• Shepparton – Wednesday 26th September
• Ballarat – Wednesday 10th October
• Warrnambool – Thursday 11th October